Sunday 25 September 2011

Review: Wilt

Wilt
Wilt by Tom Sharpe

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I read this book many years ago and I can still remember it, which is a good sign, as I never remember anything. I still laugh aloud when I think of Wilt with the blow up doll...not what you think.
Henry Wilt is an innocent in this world, and is swept along by events he is unable to control. A bit like all our lives.
There was a film made of Wilt which was very funny, but I believe it fell short of the book and my imagination.
I am always concerned when I review a novel not to give the plot away, so all I'm going to say is, Henry Wilt digs himself deeper into the ***t as the story progresses.(Very eloquent!)
One of my favorite books. As it introduced me to Tom Sharpe's other novel's.
I know books are personal things, so I hope you laugh as much as I did. I think you will.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment