Sunday 25 September 2011

Review: The Pink Panther


The Pink Panther
The Pink Panther by Max Allan Collins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This was not quite what I expected. I have seen all Peter Sellers' films where he plays the bumbling Inspector Cluso and loved them all. But Steve Martin as Cluso? No,no,no! Don't get me wrong, I think Steve Martin is a great comedian, but not as Cluso.
I know this is a book review, but I wanted to get that off my chest, and it's only my view.
This book wasn't my cup of tea, perhaps because it feels like it was done in a hurry in order to jump on the band-wagon. No soul! But who am I to say? One man's meat is another man's poison.

Collins is one of publishing industry's leading authors of movie tie-in novels, including the international bestsellers in the Line of Fire (Jove, 1993), Maverick (Signet, 1994), Waterworld (Boulevard, 1995), Daylight (Boulevard, 1996), Air Force One (Ballantine, 1997), and Saving Private Ryan (Signet, 1998). He has written two original NYPD BLUE novels for Stephen Boccho and Signet Books, Blue Beginning (1995) and Blue Blood (1997).



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment